Nikon D800 focus issues

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JuliaNickol New Member • Posts: 4
Nikon D800 focus issues

Hi!

I am 2 years into my professional photography journey. So still very new. I started out with a second hand Nikon d800 that had had its shutter replaced right before I bought it. It worked well for me for a while, then it started having some serious back focusing issues (that I cant seem to replicate when asked to show someone haha). And now the last few shoots I have done the photos have been getting way worse and I just looked through some photos from a wedding I shot a few weeks ago. I use my d800 and a d750 when I shoot weddings. the photos taken with the d800 are crap! some of them are ok but most are just awful. Just no focus at all. (And no, I am not that amateur that I just dont know how to focus my camera or how to take photos of moving subjects. The photos taken moments later with the d750 are crisp and beautiful. I will include one example photo. (Yes, I know it is overexposed, but beyond that, there is nothing in focus...and the 10 other photos taken around this one are the exact same). And I included the settings in the example photo too. I don't understand.

And actually a new issue has cropped up, just with this wedding so-far, but there is some serious purple colour banding around the highlights in these photos too. (around sleeve cuffs and lapels of jacket). Ugh, please help. I am at a loss.

Thanks in advance.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D750 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow