iPhone 11 Pro vs 1DXii Locked

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Lee Jay Forum Pro • Posts: 55,009
Re: iPhone 11 Pro vs 1DXii

Dexter75 wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Dexter75 wrote:

Right. So what you've just said is that you need to add a fill flash to those indoor scenes for a proper photo on a DSLR.

No, just that that is a preferable way to do it.

My SLR has HDR built in and so does my processing software. I use it once in a great while.

Thats more time, more money, more work and an additional accessory to have to carry around.

Again, you're arguing for convenience, not quality.

The iPhone doesn't need to use its flash, it can properly expose that scene without an issue.

No, it can't.

The smart HDR software is that good.

Maybe to you.

This is one area the iPhone is superior to a DSLR/mirrorless camera.

And yet almost all of them have the same feature, it's just that those of us who care about photography don't let the camera decide for us whether or not it gets used.

Great. Can you please recreate a scene similar to that, take the shot with your SLR and post the results here?

Why? it's something I did in the late 90s with a Nikon CP950. It's not that hard. It's a parlor trick. It's useful once in a great while.

Here's from the CP950. Top-right is the final image.

The 1DXii cant do it

Of course it can.

I can't believe you said that.

, but you're old SLR can, thats awesome. You dont own an iPhone 11 Pro, nor have you tested one, so you should probably stop making absolute statements on what it can and cant do because they aren't based on anything other than your opinions and assumptions.

They aren't assumptions. Can it shoot moving subjects at 1,000mm equivalent? Can it shoot with 100mm of aperture? Can it use a flash to freeze a high-speed subject? No, no and no.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon IXUS 310 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM +23 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
tko
MOD Biggs23
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
(unknown member)
AOC
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow