Use an M50 for wedding photography?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Casey Cheung Senior Member • Posts: 1,227
Use an M50 for wedding photography?

I'm curious if anyone has used the Canon M50 to shoot a full wedding day as the primary photographer? Is the M50 up to snuff for the job? Would wedding guests or videographers laugh at you if they see you with a tiny camera?

I used to shoot tons of weddings in my younger days, have long retired from it. Back then, I used Hasselblad film gear and later transitioned to heavy Nikon DSLR pro bodies with fast f2.8 zoom lenses plus Nikon Speedlights, studio lights, and on and on for peripheral accessories.

But the thought occurred to me...if I had to, could I use my M50 to shoot a full 8 hour wedding day (say for a friend or relative, not for the public)? My first problem is that the kit 15-45mm zoom lens is way to slow. Second problem is that I don't have any decent hotshoe flashes. Third problem is that I don't have any interchangeable backup gear in case the first gear fails. I could go on and on...LOL!

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow