Seeking current foliage status at Zion NP

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bflood Senior Member • Posts: 1,931
Seeking current foliage status at Zion NP

It wasn't that long ago that one could use Google (or other search engine) to find blogs of up-to-date reports on current foliage conditions at places all over the country. Today, I can't find much of anything about Utah or the southwest.

I expect to be given a clean bill of health at my doctor's appointment this Friday and clearance to go where I please and do what I want, something that's not been allowed since surgery at the start of the month. I'm hoping that the color in Zion will still be good, but I can't find anything in the way of real-time foliage reports online. The webcams in the park are no help - they aren't placed where the foliage would show.

So, does anyone in the forum have any current information about the status of the fall color in Zion NP? I'd like to learn the status for the canyon and for the high country above the tunnel, if possible. My hope is to go next Monday, Oct 28, for at least an overnight visit, maybe a couple of nights. I live in Las Vegas, so getting there is easy, and I've learned to avoid Zion on weekends because of the crowds.

So, does anyone have up-to-date knowledge?

bflood's gear list:bflood's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow