Borneo rainforest nightwalks with Olympus (part 1)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
paul cool
paul cool Senior Member • Posts: 2,427
Re: Borneo rainforest nightwalks with Olympus (part 1)

Petr Bambousek wrote:

Hi, I am back from my short 10th trip to Borneo - just one place for 8 nights, just me and forest, mostly spent my time during the night (7-9 hours a day) in forest , only in-situ pictures with strictly no arrangement and posing, focused just to small stuff (insects, lizards, snakes and frogs). I must say it was amazing and exhausting experience. This is first few pictures, more will come. I also tested my new backpack Shimoda 30l and tripod 3LeggedThing. Most of the pictures was taken with E-M1 II as it is lighter than E-M1X and can be used from the ground if necessary. Still the backpack was 14kg of weight as I had much more accessiories than usually (see the last picture).

Hope you will find some pictures interesting.

Bent-toad Gecko, Borneo

Red Millipede in love, Borneo

Molting Stick Insect, Borneo

Lantern Fly, Boreno

Flying Draco, Borneo

My most often used equipment during the trip

excellent as ever petr, like to know how well the back pack performed I am in the market for a new one,your kit looks similar to mine although I am minus the em1x ,noticed you have a raynox convertor there too ,also be interested to know  how well the flash system 700 fl worked ,I briefly used them at Olympus photographic event but we sort of struggled with them I assume it is practise with them that helps .

paul cool's gear list:paul cool's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow