Do-it-all camera backpack

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Latvus Junior Member • Posts: 48
Re: Do-it-all camera backpack

Checkout the Mindshift Backlight 18l or the 24l. It’s quite hard to visualize before you try it but for me it turned out to be the best backpack I could think of. There’s not much I would change about it.

Ok there’s just the front access but in action it’s actually top loading as you can just slightly open it from the top and pic up the camera with lens without putting the bag down. This can be done without the waist belt and I sometimes just buckle it around the back side so it’s not hanging around. If you use the waist belt it can be opened trough out and you can change the lens without putting anything on the ground. You basically have your both hands free and the inside of the back acts as a table in front of you. This is just so unbelievably convenient as no other backpack allows you to change lenses securely while standing.

I sometimes take the inside arrangement walls off from the bottom part if I’m carrying just a couple of lenses. This way I can load up extra clothing etc to the bottom part as in any normal backpack.
Camera gear is also securely against your back and it’s very difficult for the thieves to get to it.

There are pockets for laptop and a tablet (with soft materials around to protect them) and some room for extra stuff like power bricks, beverage etc.

I have both the 24l and the 18l although they are actually very close to each other in real life.

They are also very good looking (at least I think so) and don’t look so much a camera backpacks. Of course the thickness gives them out in some regard but you can’t have a proper camera bag without room for the gear. I can carry my X-T3, 16f1.4, 23f1.4, 35f1.4, 50f2, Samyang 12f2, 18-55, 55-200, couple of speed lights, laptop, tablet and some extra stuff with no problems. There’s also room for tripod and couple of water bottles which is amazing considering the size. Usually I travel lighter and have some extra shirts and other small stuff with me.

Its also sold in Sweden cos I ordered my 18l version from Scandinavian Photo Swedish warehouse although I live in Finland.

Latvus's gear list:Latvus's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow