Foggy/pixelated images Nikon D70

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BrokenCrayons New Member • Posts: 3
Foggy/pixelated images Nikon D70

I am trying to get a reasonable macro image of an object to send for evaluation to someone over seas. What I'm running into is when the picture is enlarged there is a fog/pixelation to it.

I have tried different ISO and different shutter speeds. I have taken photos both indoors and out doors of the subject but there doesn't seem to be a change in image quality. I use a tripod and timer.

Here is an example of a section of the photo enlarged to close to the needed size.

I am shooting in raw, large format, and the ISO for this one was set at 200. I have done both manual and preset auto selections with the same results.

Am I just at the limitations of my camera? If so, then how can a 2mp camera take a clearer picture than what I have taken?

Or is there something I'm missing?

I am just a casual user, so you may have to explain things to me in easy terminology.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow