Unremovable dust specks

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
piccolbo New Member • Posts: 0
Unremovable dust specks

I have noticed a bunch of specks and splotches in the sky of some pictures I took. I went on to investigate.  Some bigger splotches were rear lens dust which I removed easily. The nasty little specks though seem to be permanent. I tried blowing air with a blower tool. Then got a cleaning kit from VSGO. Nothing. These little thingies look permanent. I can't seem them on the sensor directly with a strong light and a magnifying lens. Yes I saw one or two dust particles which I removed easily with the first blow of air.  But this concentration, particularly on the right side of the image, I can't see any of that. The picture below is taken against a white wall at about 5 inches, focus to infinity, f22. To confirm it's not the wall, I've also taken pictures of the sky and a short clip. I also applied panning to add motion blur to any details in the subject. At wider aperture the specks disappear. In fact, I can use the camera from f8 up, no problem. Those specs must be attached to the camera. If I can't see them, and the cleaning kit can't get them yet they show up on each frame, what are they? Is there any type of damage that would look like that? Any tests I should perform? Thanks

Camera is a panasonic gx7 if that matters. No not ready to upgrade, replace etc.

ANSWER:
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow