Raw pp with film sim

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Len-O Contributing Member • Posts: 919
Re: Raw pp with film sim

e268 wrote:

Thanks Len. Unfortunately, I did not subscribe to LR, so I cannot convert to Fuji film sim. I try to use LR light on my iPad Pro, to do the raw conversion, and then send it to Affinity Photo to do the editing. My reason is that Affinity cannot open compressed Fuji raf files. I think I have to use Fuji’s free raw converter (include the film sim) and send the ,tif files to my iPad Pro for processing. This is an extra step involving using my windows 10 desktop. If I am on the road, I’ll just have to forgo the film sim.

I was under the impression that the free edition of *Adobe Lightroom for iPad *  still provided the Camera Profiles for RAW files. I am sure that you do not have to subscribe to get those.

The subscription will allow you to get  CC storage, and sync to a desktop, or laptop to either the online edition of LR , or LR CC, that is not the full LR Classic CC + PS CC.

As to opening Fuji RAF files in Affinity, I am able to make RAW adjustments on my iPad Pro, including selecting a Fuji Camera Profile, and then *Copy to Affinity*. It is a bit of a work around but it works.

Note: I do not use compressed RAF files.

I use the Apple Lightning SD card reader to transfer files to my iPad.

Then there is also the option to use other iOS RAW processing software such as RAWPower, or Pixelmator Pro with the caveat that, as with Affinity Photo profiles will not be available.

Len-O's gear list:Len-O's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow