Beautiful unknown Pen F

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
VideoPic
VideoPic Senior Member • Posts: 1,857
Well the good news is the Pen F line is NOT dead.....

When I started my blog one of the things I decided was not to do product reviews, there are enough review sites & videos on the web. That said with the EM5 MKIII and the positive reactions, critical reactions and then pure crap we saw in subsequent discussions I decided to do something on Olympus, their 100 year anniversary, Imaging department priorities and to link that to the new EM5 III.....

I started with basic research and as always were astonished to see how easy and quickly one debunk 95% of ALL the negative claims we see a few times a week on this forum.

One of those "popular negative" subjects (can't say comments as it's many) is the Pen-F and its generally claimed that the Pen-F is dead and has been discontinued.... One of the more ridiculous claims are Olympus are battling to get rid of their excess Pen-F stock??

Thing is one need to take the time and study the Olympus Imaging Dept product strategy, match that with statements Olympus make during interviews to create their product line future "picture"...

In some interviews Olympus directly states that the Pen F product line will continue, in other statements one read the existing product lines will continue. Nowhere did I find any direct mention by Olympus that they plan to stop or cancel the Pen F line....

What's also interesting is Olympus used the EPL8 and the EPL9 to target female photographers hoping to grow their base. This was not as successful as they hoped it to be. I guess our local doom prophets found parts of these reports and immediately declared the complete Pen range a disaster, then started spreading rumors that Olympus stopping the Pen range and battling to sell stock....one does not always know what trigger these crazed doom prophets....

But the good news is for now the Pen-F will continue.....

-- hide signature --

See my Blog for general articles on the Olympus, Panasonic, Sony and other cameras.
https://myolympusomd.blogspot.com/
https://www.instagram.com/olympus_enthusiast/

VideoPic's gear list:VideoPic's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow