Buy, buy, buy.

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NCV
NCV Veteran Member • Posts: 9,534
Buy, buy, buy.

We have before us the usual gut wrenching consumeristic frenzy about a new camera.

I did stuff just as well with the camera on the left as I do with that on the right.

With slide film I had to nail the exposure just right. The only problem is that time has degraded the Agfachrome colours. I needed to be more precise with the exposure than I do with todays digital

The camera on the left had manual exposure and focusing. I adjusted the aperture on the lens or the shutter speed until a needle in the viewfinder was centred. With the one on the right in program mode I just shoot.

The marketing boys have done a great job convincing everybody that you cannot take well exposed sharp pictures without a thousand gismos and modes.

Just remember, if you put a film in an old Pentax Spotmatic, it is easy to take well exposed sharp pictures.

The only advantage with the one on the right is that I do not need to learn anything about the craft of photography to take my snaps. I have scene modes that will take care of that old fashioned concept called skill.

How ever did I take these pictures in 1977?

NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Nikon D810 Olympus OM-D E-M5
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
YWG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow