iPhone 11 Pro vs 1DXii Locked

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Dexter75 Senior Member • Posts: 1,885
iPhone 11 Pro vs 1DXii

These are really close, even in lower light which is crazy. Most trained photographers will be able to spot the iPhone shots because of the aggressive bokeh, not because the overall photo is inferior quality, but your average person would never be able to spot that. I think if he had edited the iPhone photos by increasing the aperture slider to more match the look of the bokeh in the 1DX, they would pretty indistinguishable. The bokeh in portrait mode looks too mushy and fake to me if the aperture is anything more than about f/4 in most shots. You really have to watch it and adjust accordingly.

The most surprising thing here to me was at the 4 minute mark. The iPhone nails the tricky lighting situations where the 1DX struggles and blows out the backgrounds and sky. It’s those things like smart HDR, Night Mode, and now Deep Fusion, that are making these smartphone cameras really good these days and in some cases, even better than high end cameras.

https://youtu.be/6irorkXCLyw

Dexter75's gear list:Dexter75's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Apple iPhone 11 Pro
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
tko
MOD Biggs23
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
(unknown member)
AOC
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow