Post Processing Scanned Negatives

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mrdavie
Mrdavie Regular Member • Posts: 106
Post Processing Scanned Negatives

I really wanted to find my answer by searching, but searching ANY forum anywhere is frustrating. You almost have to know the answer ahead of time to know which words to use in the search. None of the words I chose worked for me (enough ranting).

I have been studying film scanning/post processing techniques mainly on YouTube - thanks to Anthony Morganti and several others. Negative Lab Pro seems to be the goto addin forLightroom to convert the negatives to a positive. But, the money has to stop flowing out of my pockets. Mortanti's video simply flips the tone curve on its head and, voila! the negative turns to a positive. After that point, many of the other image adjustments are backwards. HOWEVER, if I save the image as a TIFF (or other raster) image, then the controls work normally. So with my first batch of negative post processing, I plan to simply flip the tone curve on the image and save as a TIFF. Does that sound like a good idea to you?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow