Single Click Crop? Lightroom

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Victor Engel Forum Pro • Posts: 18,784
Re: Single Click Crop? Lightroom

mclewis wrote:

Victor Engel wrote:

mclewis wrote:

Victor Engel wrote:

Suppose I'm following an airplane at an air show, for example. I'd like the center of mass of the airplane to be in the center of the crop. Currently, what I do is to drag the crop marquee to where I want it. It would be much faster if I could click on the point I wanted to be the center. Is there a way to do this?

Nope. How does LR know what the subject of the photo is? Maybe in the future you can give it examples and it will try and guess for other photos but for now it cannot know.

LR doesn't have to know what the subject is. It just has to know where I click. I click at a particular point on the image, and LR recenters to that point. Easy peasy.

Of course that would only work if the subject is always in the same place in the frame.

Why is it so difficult to communicate the way I want it to work. No. This process is precisely because the subject is in a different place in each frame. Pic 1 is displayed, I click the center point. This causes a recenter and automatically displays the next pic. I click the center of it. This causes a recenter of the second pic. Repeat. One click per picture.

-- hide signature --

Victor Engel

Victor Engel's gear list:Victor Engel's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 5DS Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow