Which lens to choose for wildlife/landscape

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP asdf123 New Member • Posts: 10
Re: Which lens to choose for wildlife/landscape

Rocket13 wrote:

The 55-250 is a great little lens, I have the 150-600 which I rarely use since I got the Tamron 100-400, there is also a sigma 100-400 and from what I seen the two are pretty comparable.

I use the 55-250 if I know I have a good chance of getting fairly close that lens is pretty sharp and very light easy to hand hold.

I mainly use the 100-400 since I hike and shoot again it is fairly easy to hand hold and get good shots. I dont know about the Sigma but one tip if you get the Tamron is dont have the IS switch in the forward position for birds in flight (Mine is ussauly off since shutter speed is high) but if its on while panning it will make shots a blurry mess.

Thanks for the information

This 100-400mm seems lovely , in comparison with that what do you think about 18-400mm ((and 70-200 f4? Is this f4 worth losing lots of zooming?   ))

By the way i really like this 100-400(any tip to choose between tamron or sigma? There is a lot if posts about them)

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow