Do-it-all camera backpack

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gurraglaa New Member • Posts: 14
Do-it-all camera backpack

I'm looking to buy a new do-it-all backpack that I can use to carry my camera with lenses, laptop, tripod, water bottle and miscellaneous other gear such as clothes, snacks, chargers etc. I am looking for a bag in the 20-30 liter range, that is a good compromize for travel, edc, daytrips and hopefully everything else I can come up with. I am prepared to chose a slightly larger bag that might be slightly overkill for every-day-carry in order for it to be adequate for when I need to fit more gear.

Ideally I want a configurable and versitile bag with easy access to the camera gear and the laptop. I have looked around quite a bit and found that there is a quite wide selection, but in my eyes many of them don't utilize their space very well when it comes to organisation. I have however found three bags that look interesting:

1. Tenba Axis 24L

+ Love that it has top, side and rear access and flexible organisation. To be it also looks better than the Lowepro

- Not available for sale in Sweden, but can be imported. Albeit with increased cost.

2. Lowepro Protactic 450 aw II

+ Love that it has top, side and rear access and flexible organisation.

- Quite expensive in Sweden and to me it looks slightly worse than the Tenba.

3. Thule Covert DSLR Rolltop

+ Cheapest of these three and the best looking to my eyes. Looks is however not a major priority.

- Acceptable, but worse organisation and acceccability than the other two. I feel like it falls behind when it comes to storage for smaller items and the fact that the top compartment is basically just one big hole with no possibility for organisation.

What is your opinion and experience with these bags if you have any? Or do you have any other suggestions that I might have missed?I would love your feedback.

For reference:

• My camera is a Fujifilm X-T30 and I usually carry 3 fujinon lenses (10-24, 18-55 and 55-200), but room to grow is a plus.
  • My laptop is a 15" thin and light.
  • My tripod is a Vanguard VEO 2 235AB, i.e a normal size travel-tripod.
 gurraglaa's gear list:gurraglaa's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow