Canon G7X II - charging from Power Bank

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ZsoltS New Member • Posts: 3
Canon G7X II - charging from Power Bank

Hello Team,

I have trouble with battery life while shooting timelapse videos and as you know it is not the best to stop the video to swap batteries.

I don't have the *expensive* Canon charging cable, but the third USB cable I found on the shelf was able to charge it thru my PC's USB2.0 slot. So I have a compatible cable - done. As far as I know the battery can be charged from power bank. Now, I have a cheap (got it at a promo event) 5V/0.8mA 2.000mAh power bank, but as I connect it and power on the PB and then the camera, the latter goes to slideshow/viewer mode and I am not able to take pictures, furthermore the light does not flashes, therefore the PB does not charge the device. My original plan was to buy a branded 20.000 mAh PB (useful for several of my devices), but I would like to know what can be the problem with the current setup.

Any idea why the G7X mk. II goes to like I connected it to a PC?

And is it able to get charged while the camera is ON and is active (eg. takes timelapse) or only in off mode?

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon G7 X II Canon PowerShot G7 X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow