So I got my XH1/ 16-55 2.8 combo...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
akjos
akjos Veteran Member • Posts: 4,379
So I got my XH1/ 16-55 2.8 combo...

Just a brief write up...

I've shot with lot of " serious" gear over the years. Last 2 Nikons were D4 and gripped D500 and 2.8 zooms and 1.4 primes. Also sony A7RIII with grip and 24-105. So I know big and heavy gear.

This combo is HEAVY. Not unbearably so but I was definitely surprised. It is actually almost exactly same weight as the mentioned Sony combo... Yet feels heavier and more "dense".  the build seems incredible I'm sure it could be used as a malee weapon in a pinchπŸ˜„

Ergonomics are great . If I was to change one thing I'd make the thumb grip ( the hook with the Q button) little longer and at least 2mm or 2/16" deeper.

The shutter button  complains about being too sensitive are nonsense. It is perfect. The shutter mechanism is really impressive .quiet and dampened and inspires confidence every time you take a photo.

Haven't had chance to test out IBIS yet .

EVF is the best I ever saw. It is awesome. Really.

Polarized sunglasses users... Nobody ever mentiones it but it is VERY important to me as I wear polarized prescription sunglasses for like 20 yrs now ( and every camera is different) ... EVF has absolutely NO blackout or weird artefacts whatsoever when going from landscape to portrait orientation... It is perfect!

LCD screen sadly while  it is perfect in portrait orientation  , in landscape it blacks out slightly and becomes colder tone . Its little disappointment but definitely as good or better then 3x more expesive camera's LCDS. Still very visible and usable though.

Haven't taken many photos yet since I was busy and now have nothing to shoot really πŸ™

16-55 2.8 nicknamed brick in online community isn't really bad.  It is much lighter then many 2.8 24-70 zooms and some 24-105 f4s. It feels really nicely balanced on gripped XH1... Actually almost too small.

Zooming is real smooth... Cams seem to be designed well. Smoothest zooming extending barrel lens I ever tried...

Overall Im excited despite slight LCD color and brightness shift mentioned and feel like at current price especially bundled with any of the 3 red badge lenses it's a steal.

Can't wait to shoot something interesting πŸ˜‰

Thanks for reading

Nikon D4 Nikon D50 Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow