Does the 32mp of Canon M6 Mk II resolve more details?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
wildportraits Regular Member • Posts: 237
Does the 32mp of Canon M6 Mk II resolve more details?

I was using the Canon M series for many years as my go to non-studio camera, until I tried another brand (unnamed, to avoid a thread hijack) and found the native telephoto with similar specs within that camera system resolved more details than the M with the 50-230 lens. Has anyone tried this lens with the M6 MK II and if so, does it bring out more details than the M6? I really like the new feature set, but am reluctant to go back if the sensor hasn't solved the lack of resolution compared to similar camera systems. I realize all these cameras have limitations compared to the studio cameras I use, but realistically I make the tradeoff because hiking and shooting all day in the woods is frankly no fun for me with a massive camera and lens. I started with the M since I really like both the small camera and the equally small lenses. I would appreciate any feedback from someone who has that particular lens, and both cameras. I am totally satisfied with other M lenses, including the 28 macro, and the 11-22, my other most used lenses with the M system. However, I shoot a lot with telephoto so that is a major factor for my camera system choice. Thanks.

wildportraits's gear list:wildportraits's gear list
NEX5R Pentax 03 Fish-Eye +1 more
Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
G-D
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow