Close-Ups of Indian Children

Started 4 weeks ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
charley5 Senior Member • Posts: 1,703
Close-Ups of Indian Children

Here are some close-ups of Indian children...

Just to provide a context. This is my first time using the Fuji system in a non-macro context. I came over from Sigma (foveon) type cameras. I now feel like I am hitting my stride with the camera (XT2) and lens (18-60), particularly after getting advice about how to workaround the glitches of this lens, and about focusing with the XT2 generally. I am now trying less to figure out the lens, and concentrating on composition and technique. All the images shown below are straight out of camera.

I am staying in a meditation hermitage in Northern India and currently am imaging two groups of people: Rajasthani children at an encampment for road workers, and children living by the side of a garbage dump. I am building a rapport with these kids and feel it is showing more in the images. The women will not allow me to photograph them unless I had a female photographer accompany me, but they are grateful for the prints I am making of their kids.

I will make another post in this thread of more full body shots, and a third post showing group shots.

Thanks!

charley5's gear list:charley5's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 80mm F2.8 Macro Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow