Need advice on renting an X-T3 for vacation

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BonnieSueM Forum Member • Posts: 95
Need advice on renting an X-T3 for vacation

Hey Fuji Fans!

I'm considering renting a Fuji XT3 body and lens for a two week trip to Hawaii over Christmas. I currently shoot a Canon 6d mark ii and it's a little heavy for this trip. I did get to handle an xt3 in a camera store and I like the body. I also played with and xt30 and Sony a6400 and didn't care for the handling of those bodies.

How steep is the learning curve on Fujis? I will have time to read the manual and play with the body on the plane, but not a lot of time to review images on a computer and spot problems once we arrive. I would hate to get home and find all my shots were out of focus because of operator error.

What lenses should I rent? I am planning on shooting candid family shots, landscape, birds, and hopefully surfers. I usually don't shoot landscapes wider than 24mm full frame. I was thinking xf 16-55 f/2.8, xc 50-230 ois ii, and xf 23 f/2. Trying to keep it to three. Renting for two weeks isn't cheap.

Since I already own a Canon eos m100 and some ef-m lenses, my safe option would be to pick up a Canon eos m6 mark ii. I am considering that. I'm just not thrilled with the lack of a sharp normal zoom. While I currently don't see myself buying another Canon body, I do love my 6d mk ii. My only gripes are the lack of AF point spread and the weight when I have to carry everything at the same time. My husband likes to go off roading, so usually I have everything in the Jeep with me where weight is not an issue. So, I'm just not ready to jump ship from Canon to Fuji without getting my feet wet first. Thanks for your help!

BonnieSueM's gear list:BonnieSueM's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS M100 Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +12 more
Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS M100 Canon EOS M6 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow