What is Canon's equivalent to Panasonic's LX100?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
orey10m Regular Member • Posts: 202
What is Canon's equivalent to Panasonic's LX100?

I understand this is a Canon forum, so starting with a Panasonic camera may be a dumb idea, but I have confidence the question will not be lost on such smart folks that frequent these forums...so, if you happen to be familiar with Pansonic's LX100, particularly the original model, what would you say is a similar camera in Canon's lineup from the last several years?

And if you aren't familiar with it, but still want to try and help me figure out what Canon camera I should try, here's an overview of what it was all about : https://m.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonic-lumix-dmc-lx100/13

In short, I want:

- fast lens

- small body

- big sensor (bigger than 1" preferably)

- zoom

- direct controls

- willing to buy used

- canon color/jpeg engine...which is why I don't just buy the Lx100 right Now

Where this is coming from...I had a Canon elph hs100 for several years and dearly miss the rendition of that little point and shoot. So I'm looking to get back to that at a decent price, and with more control than many point and shoots afford.

FujiFilm FinePix HS10 (FinePix HS11) Panasonic LX10 Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow