***10/20/2019-10/20/2019 Sunday Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
abiquiuense
abiquiuense Senior Member • Posts: 4,478
Re: Election day

Pi lover wrote:

We finished with Thanksgiving in Canada last weekend and have an election ongoing today. Below is a few shots taken on a walk after voting.

Bills fall post started a conversation on colors. We have monitors calibrated differently, eyes and brains that see colors differently, and taste that is different. I find a tendency to oversaturate colors more than my personal taste. With the cameras and software it's pretty easy to do what you want and after a while it is easy to recognize which way other peoples taste falls.

Grant.

Besides your photos, I like elections.

Ya think maybe you could take a few action shots. And, by all means, selfie your ballot, if the officials don't mind. But, the lines are always interesting, and etcetera.

I love to saturate. It reminds me of "Arizona Highways." I have a box in storage, over yonder.

Grant; try a photo of a single tree, in full orange and or yellow. Set camera to saturate and uptick the contrast to max. Then, set camera to B/W and use a red filter, if not already in the camera's computer, and see if it doesn't look like infrared. You'd be surprised. While there, try the green, yellow, orange and chartreuse filters for comparison.

How's baby granddaughter? I'm betting she'll solve "pi." Or, run you ragged.

"Chartreuse," I kill me.

abiquiuense

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow