Sony A7III w/Godox V860 II Flash - What is going on!?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Benjy2014 Regular Member • Posts: 133
Re: Sony A7III w/Godox V860 II Flash - What is going on!?

Qqphot wrote:

I'm not sure the system anticipates using auto-ISO with TTL flash, so I'm not sure what parameters it uses to choose an ISO. But I'm not clear on why you need trial and error to get correct exposure with a fixed ISO, unless you're not using TTL metering? If both ISO and flash power output are fixed, obviously you'd need to meter indepndently and set the aperture accordingly, but otherwise TTL should adjust the flash power for correct exposure without much fiddling.

Sorry it was a long day yesterday - Of course you're right, there's no trial and error when using a fixed ISO and TTL.  Using a fixed ISO does solve my problem then - TTL adjusts the flash power for the correct exposure (solves both issues in the original thread).

I'll continue to rely on the in-built Auto ISO / Auto ISO Min SS functionality within the camera when not using a flash then, and I'll switch to manual ISO for on-camera / off-camera flash usage.

Benjy2014's gear list:Benjy2014's gear list
Sony RX100 III
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow