X100F Left Side of Photos Out of Focus

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP David Cooke New Member • Posts: 11
Re: X100F Left Side of Photos Out of Focus

Lately, I've been viewing a dozen or so X100F image examples that are obiviously taken at infinity focus and available as high resolution downloads.

Even with my X100F tripod mounted and remote shutter I'm finding my X100F not comparable to the excellent center sharpness to what I'm seeing from some other's presumably handheld images. Although there may be some, in the examples I've viewed from the downloads I can't see a real obvious change from the images edges to the center.

Again, my X100F "appears" to be on the same sharpness level as other downloaded high resolution images taken by others at closer focusing ranges.

BTW, I'm interested in expanding with Fujifilm cameras and if anyone reading this thread using other Fujifilm models in the past have seen focusing issues similar to what's being discussed here? Just curious.

As I mentioned in the beginning of this thread, I've been a Nikon user for many years, this is my first real venture straying away from the brand and it's been very interesting and I have learned a lot. Like others, after investing in a particular brand of lens for many years it doesn't make sense to make a change in unless something comes along that motivates you. I was motivated by my findings in researching the X100F and I'm still motivated after using and owning the camera, no doubt it's a great camera and I feel this focus issue will be resolved.  Like others, it's put the fun of photography back into me and I have really enjoyed using it in the past ninety days or so. Thanks again for help and comments.

David Cooke's gear list:David Cooke's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm X100F Nikon D300 GoPro Hero6 Black Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow