Please help me identify this mount

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
petrochemist Senior Member • Posts: 2,191
Re: Please help me identify this mount

theopwildebeest wrote:

Hi all,

I’m new to adapted lenses. I’m familiar with Nikon and u4/3 mounts. I was rummaging around at my dad’s house and came across thiS Sun 80-240 mm f/ 4 Macro telephoto zoom lens. It is a beast of a lens with all metal construction. It was available in C/Y, Canon FD, FDn, Konica AR, M42, Nikon F, Olympus OM, Pentax K, Minolta SR (MD, MC). I think the mount is an M42 but wanted to make 100% sure before I order an adaptor for it.

Thanks

Other than M42 those are all bayonet mounts, yours is clearly a screw mount so it's confirmed as M42.

Without your list of available mounts a quick check of the screw thread diameter (~42mm) & 'pitch' (the distance from the top of one thread to the top of the next) would confirm the ID. M42 is 1mm pitch, while T2 is also 42mm diameter but with a finer 0.75mm pitch.

The lens will adapt easily to µ4/3 but would have focus issues on a Nikon DSLR unless the adapter has corrective elements (often claimed to spoil IQ)

petrochemist's gear list:petrochemist's gear list
Pentax K100D Sigma SD14 Pentax K-7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow