Need help with focusing issue.

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Veteran Member • Posts: 9,675
Re: Need help with focusing issue.

FujiJon wrote:

Are you using continuous focus? If so, switch to single focus. Also, make sure the camera is set to "focus" not "release". It may help to select the focus point over the subject's face, rather than focus-recompose, or use face/eye detection (the latter is easier and quicker if you are photographing people)

Good advice.  The OP wants to insure AF-S and focus not release.  The best way would be to put the focus point over the subjects face instead of focus recompose.

However, I'm not sure the focus-recompose is the issue here.  I seriously doubt the lens is a flat field lens.  Secondly at the focal length and f-stop it would not matter anyway.  In realty I'm not sure that overall the entire image (especially the first on) is not soft throughout. The second one - one of the buttons seems to be in focus, however, even there it is a little soft.

Given this lens did not fair too well in some of the previous post - I would wonder about the lens.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow