All around kit for 1200€ (probably MFT)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Razon Junior Member • Posts: 27
All around kit for 1200€ (probably MFT)

Hi,

I'm thinking about upgrading to a ILC (currently using a ZS200 and low light and bokeh are seriously lacking for my desired results), and it seems MFT offers the best bang for the buck.

The Panasonic Lumix GX85+12-32 and G85+12-60 are around 500-600€ with a kit lens, Olympus E-M10.3 with the 14-42 is around 450€, too. The G85 seems too big to be practical, I'd like to avoid it.

I could add an olympus 40-150mm for more zoom (costs around 150€) which leaves me with 500-550€ for two prime lenses, for example panasonic 20mm 1.7 and 42.5mm 1.7, or maybe a wide angle prime.

This way I can cover 24-300mm equivalent (maybe add a 200-600mm lens eq later) and low light /portrait with some primes.

What do you think? Is there anything comparable in the APS-C world in this budget? Are my lens choices alright? I would be using it for travel, street photography, some astro, and the usual family stuff.

Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic ZS200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow