Z series vs Fuji - which route would you go?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Giovanni_1968
Giovanni_1968 Senior Member • Posts: 2,792
Z series vs Fuji - which route would you go?

User of two systems, Nikon D800 with a few primes (20-60-85G, 50-300D, 150Sigma) and a few zooms (28-300G, 35-70D, 80-200D), for casual use sometimes a Fuji X-Pro1 with two primes (14 and 35) and a zoom (18-55).

The Fuji never really got my praises, I mean, it's a very cool little camera, the lenses are ok, nothing to scream to miracle, expensive to be DX lenses but I already have them even tho missing something on the long range, rendition is fine when focus is nailed, very sharp combo sensor/lenses, lot of in camera corrections for distortion and vignetting (nobody is perfect uh?!) but all in all no much to complain and not expecting stellar performance off of the first iteration of the camera.

I am in doubt if to upgrade to a newer Fuji or not; I won't buy new camera, thinking of an used X-T2 which is a big step forward in focus speed and ergonomics (I love the knobs to adjust exposure, exposure method, ISO and burst), the extra MP also make it interesting since I happen to print and with some cropping the 16MP seems to struggle a little when light conditions are not perfect, also, dynamic range is nothing to tell home about but for casual usage it should be a much better camera than the Pro1 and also a good match for my lenses.

Doubt is, should I rather sell it all and move onto a Z6 when they become a little cheaper and use my G lenses adapted rather than fork out 600 bucks for an used X-T2 now (consider that I have no rush, a couple months wait before I plan a trip with my son where I would rather take a smaller rig than the D800, every time I take it I am happy to have the chance to take some good pics but most of the times it stays home or in the backpack).

Anybody moved from Fuji to Z here?

-- hide signature --

Giovanni - 70% GAS affected
http://www.flickr.com/photos/giovanniaprea/
Nikon D800 - Nikon D2Xs - Fuji X-Pro1 - Fuji S5Pro - Nikon F - Nikon F3
J.A. Michell Gyrodec - Audio Research SP-9 - Aeron AP-890 - JBL4311B
JN70CN - 14.14.30E 40.32.40N

Giovanni_1968's gear list:Giovanni_1968's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D2Xs Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED +18 more
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon D800 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow