Sticky Mirror on 60D

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tuckerpup Regular Member • Posts: 179
Sticky Mirror on 60D

I've had (and very much enjoyed) my 60D for about 5 years now.  About 10 days ago I was travelling in So. Utah and the mirror stuck up.  I tried turning the camera on and off a couple of times, and it wouldn't release.
Finally I removed the batteries from the vertical grip and the mirror came down.  Since then it has worked fine.
I talked with a local camera technician who says the cost of opening up the camera and cleaning/lubricating or otherwise repairing would exceed the value of the camera - which i believe.
So my question is whether others have had this experience, and what did you do about it?  Every camera has only so many shutter releases in it, and I definitely feel I've gotten my money's worth on this body, but I'm curious if this is just a weird anomaly or a sign that the end is near?

Tuckerpup's gear list:Tuckerpup's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS +7 more
Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow