Why Not Just Use Remote Controlled Cameras at the Olympics Instead of Photographers? Locked

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
FluidKnowledge Regular Member • Posts: 448
Why Not Just Use Remote Controlled Cameras at the Olympics Instead of Photographers?

With the Olympics coming up next year and with the level of technology we have nowadays, I'm wondering why we don't just do away with human photographers at the Olympics and just have remote controlled cameras hooked up to automatically take the photos? The Olympics already provide Ethernet and wifi connectivity to all the photographer cameras and modern camera bodies support remote triggers.

So just station the cameras on a tripod or gimbals or rails that can also be remotely controlled. This would greatly reduce the number of human "photographers" required to say 1/10 of the current numbers and save enormous amounts of money. I just don't see any value in having a human photographer operating just one camera at the sidelines of a field with all the other photographers doing the same thing when I would be able to setup and control 10 or more cameras simultaneously by remote control.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow