Pictures not sharp anymore.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Zaavvv New Member • Posts: 1
Pictures not sharp anymore.

Hello guys,

Hope you are all having an amazing sunday.

I had a question about my Yongnuo 50mm 1.8 lens. I bought this lens around April of 2019 and it has given me some of the best shoots. I intern wedding photoshoots too and all the images have been super crisp until about 2-3 weeks.

I noticed all the pictures had soft focus. Autofocus detects the subject and focuses on it but the there is so much softness and it is not even close to the sharpness I used to get.

Just today I did a fall photoshoot as a secondary and it was absolutely garbage. I am so disappointed and I have no idea what is wrong with it.

I read couples posts online and did some focus test using a random page and my fridge and got these results.

Yongnuo 50mm :

Nikon 55-200 :

These are both shot at F/4, 1/10 sec at 200 iso on a tripod with a remote shutter. Nikon lens is obviously at 55mm instead of 50mm. The yongnuo shot looks like kit lens shot(yes I tested that one too).
My camera is a D3200 so APC sensor and it does not have focus adjustment.

What could be causing this? I tried cleaning the lens with Lenspen and it did not do anything.

I also noticed that when I shake the lens a tiny bit, something inside wobbles. I googled and learned thats normal but non other lens does that.

Help me guys.

Thank you.

Nikon D3200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow