Customer Returns, Lens/Camera

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
tokumeino Senior Member • Posts: 2,758
Poor little and so kind Amazon...

pseudobreccia wrote:

People that do what you described above are complete and total jerks...abusing the system and the good customer service of a company. Pathetic!

I wouldn't be sad about poor Amazon and similar. They indeed sell photography products with very high margins, and don't even pay taxes in the country they sell (that's for Amazon). By contrast, the shop next door is always 10% cheaper, VAT incl, regular Fuji warranty, and regular taxes, and the guy behind the counter makes his living nevertheless. And I doubt that Fuji sells him at a lower price than Amazon.

I personally would prefer to pay every lens 10% over Amazon price to ensure adequate QC (that's would be 20% over a fair price). As such, poor quality control is part of the business model, because returns cost less. It's really annoying for the customer to return bad copies which have been unrespectfully sent, inducing a loss if time, energy and money. So I can understand that to speed up the process, some people end by ordering lenses by lot, and return the others.

tokumeino's gear list:tokumeino's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Canon G7 X II Fujifilm X-T3 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow