Resample?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
alaska_av8r
alaska_av8r Regular Member • Posts: 177
Resample?

Okay I am new at this but have a color managed workflow, calibrated and profiled my NEC monitor etc and have a brand new Canon Pixma Pro 100.  So far printed 8x10 and 13x19 and the prints look good, matching what I see on my monitor pretty well.

However I have a question regarding resampling.  I was reading a how to for printing and resizing images for print.  I am currently taking the images from a D850 with a 3:2 ratio into PS, using the image size box and setting one size parameter to the paper size and setting the resolution to 300ppi.  (in the reading it said to send the print to the printer at the printers native resolution or it would resample it anyway).

Then I use the canvas size for cropping,  I set the paper dimensions in the canvas size box then do a "save as" command from PS.  I then re-import the image into LR and print from there.

I know resampling is not something you want to do, so well I guess i'm looking for pointers to keep the quality high.

I also end up scratching my head when with this margin thing and paper size.....lmao....

tim

-- hide signature --

Destroying pixels one click at a time...

alaska_av8r's gear list:alaska_av8r's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 600mm F4E FL ED VR Nikon 24-70mm F2.8E ED VR Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Art +7 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow