No idea why people disparage this lens

Started 4 weeks ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DominicVII Contributing Member • Posts: 529
No idea why people disparage this lens

A pancake lens is an indispensable part of my humble arsenal.

A pancake lens makes life so much easier: on cold winter days I can wear my em10 mkii with this lens under my parka and there is no noticeable bulge.

Another great thing about this lens is its small Ø, which allows you to place the camera on the ground in order to shoot with the self-timer; this is impossible with the Lumix 20mm because of its large Ø which extends beyond most compact bodies.

The optical quality of this lens is remarkably good and the colour rendering as pleasing as that of any other Zuiko prime lens that I had the opportunity to try. In terms of sharpness it is not that far behind my 60mm macro. The autofocus of this lens is somewhat sluggish, but always accurate.

People who disparage this lens as being too slow or obsolete need to realise that individuals like me, who do not live for photography, are quite unwilling to pay silly money for a pro lens.

I got this lens for €109 brand new, and at this price it is an offer that is simply too good to resist.

DominicVII's gear list:DominicVII's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake
Wideangle prime lens • Micro Four Thirds • 261564
Announced: Jun 16, 2009
DominicVII's score
Average community score
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow