The Search for that Perfect Composition.

Started Oct 20, 2019 | Discussions thread
Lan Senior Member • Posts: 2,868
Re: The Search for that Perfect Composition.

kreygscott wrote:

Finally something came to me. Something I feel compelled to share and hope you'll appreciate what I've learnt.

- There are NO rules to Landscape Photography. What we perceive as rules are only visual techniques to be utilized as guidelines, each from which we must all build upon in our quest to share the landscape with our viewers in the strongest manner possible.

Nice shot Kreyg; the sky is magnificent and I like the way you've balanced it against the rocks in the bottom left of the frame! The side lit houses work well too. Plenty of interest in all areas of the image.

Absolutely. There are no real rules; the reason we have things like the "rule" of thirds is to provide guidance to beginners, who will (by default) centre the subject, without considering whether that's the best place for it or not! The rule of thirds is purely designed to make people >think< about composition. Which is ironic because people then go on to slavishly apply it without thinking about the composition

Particularly as you explore the artistic end of things, anything goes. Blurry. Grainy. There are no rules, merely whatever fulfils your own artistic vision.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow