What is the best option to jump into MILC Z world ?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Karl-FR
Karl-FR Junior Member • Posts: 37
What is the best option to jump into MILC Z world ?

Hello dpreview community.

I keep scratching my head, I don't know what to decide. Maybe you could help me.

I was so excited about jumping into the Z world thanks to the first MILC APS-C from Nikon. The Z50.

But I keep reading on Dpreview forum that APS-C is an dead end and that is better to invest into an Z7 ( because of IBIS, AF coverage, FF sensor... ) and keep all my DX lenses and use it in crop mode for now.

In europe, we can pre-order the new Z50 from 1149€ with the FTZ adapter.
But in same time, the price of Z6/Z7 decrease quite heavily.
Now we can find second hand Z7 from 2500€ with FTZ or new on the grey market from 2300€.
Even better but not as good in crop mode, we can find the Z6 brand new with ftz adapter on amazon for 1400€.

I'm so lost. Sometime I just want to leave the idea to buy new thing and keep my D7200 because I'm affraid to do a bad investement for the futur.

What should I do ? 1) Close my eyes on futur and buy the Z50 for 1149€ 2) Wait to get an Z7 with all my DX lenses in crop mode and buy later good FF lenses ? 3) Do nothing for now with my wallet and wait ?

Please help me to decide because until know I was convicted that the Z50 was the good option.

Karl-FR's gear list:Karl-FR's gear list
Nikon Z6 Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7200 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow