Image from yesterday and today

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
HaroldC3
HaroldC3 Senior Member • Posts: 2,475
Image from yesterday and today

It was raining most of the day yesterday, which made me a little sad because there are fall colors happening in the mountains.  I'm hoping they will still be good when I get there on Thursday.  Anyway, the clouds broke around 5 in the evening and we got some gorgeous golden light.  As soon as I saw the light I told my wife, I bet there's going to be a rainbow.  Well I walk out my front door and sure enough I see the beginning of a rainbow.  So I grab my bag and race out the door to the spot below.  It's not terribly interesting but it provides a great view of the east and luckily that's where the rainbow was.

So then I was looking at the weather forecast before I went to bed and it was forecasting partly cloudy skies for the morning.  So I figured we might get a decent sunrise before the overcast skies come back.  So I lay out my clothes and equipment in preparation for the morning.  I get up and look outside about 45 minutes before sunrise and sure enough, I can see some sky to the east.  So head out to a local bridge which is about 20 minutes away.  I got set up and the skies looked good.  I was trying a few different comps trying to predict where the skies would light up and then the light started.  At first there was some pinks but not the whole sky lit up.  I took a few shots and then noticed the skies lighting up more (but my pink color was fading).  So I point a little more southeast and end up taking the image below.  It is a 3-shot HDR processed in HDR Efex Pro / LR and PS.

HaroldC3's gear list:HaroldC3's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS M6 Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow