Catalina anyone?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
LouCioccio
LouCioccio Senior Member • Posts: 2,235
Re: On a MacBook Pro 13-inch, Mid 2012?

One of the reasons that I have an ancient 2006-2007 Mac Pro tower still working with an SSD boot drive and has CS5 working on my home network for older software that still works. Only time it’s fired up is for work and then transfer to the newer machine. When not in use it’s shut off. I’ve replaced the power supply on it and have a repair manual. Even added a Bluetooth from an iMac core duo that was trashed. Just like old cars it will be eventual that parts cannot be had. 
At our last Mac User group meeting I told people to just try to update the hardware if it’s possible like I did with the tower and MacBook Pro and clone the drives if you can. I even have friend that has I think an Apple GS that makes the best labels (his opinion) that he uses. Another one loves Aperture she won’t change and has the actual install discs plus update and Snow Leopard all she has to do is upgrade the hard drive to a larger SSD and clone the drive.

Anyway I realize tech is advancing.

lou cioccio

LouCioccio's gear list:LouCioccio's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 (IF) DX Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow