2 days in Tinos island, Greece (XH1+16-80!)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Yannis1976
Yannis1976 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,562
2 days in Tinos island, Greece (XH1+16-80!)

I had the chance to spend two days in Tinos, a Greek island relatively close to Athens located in the western-centre part of Aegean, very close to Mykonos and Andros. Tinos is less popular than the other two for the foreigners, but is very famous among the Greeks mainly due  to its marvelous beaches and small villages but also due to an old large orthodox church dedicated to Holy Mary. I took with me the XH1, the 16-80 and the Samyang 12/2.

If you don't want to check the photos, my short review of the XH1+16-80 combo is that is a great one with only some minor drawbacks:

- XH1 consumes the batteries fast

- the mirrorless XH1+16-80 is not that smaller or lighter than a DSLR and definitely bigger, heavier than my previous GX8+PL12-60

- I seem to be missing the exposure dial of the XT2 and would prefer that than the LCD screen.

On the positive side:

+ IQ is fantastic!! AWB is spot on and JPEG SOOC are mostly great!

+ OIS works great with 1/4 and 1/8 speeds now possible

+ Lens is sharp at center at all FL and apertures!!

+ Ergonomics are good, especially the larger grip. I also like the small improvement of the XH1 side LCD button (vs the side button of the XT2)

+ BT connection with phone works great and is really convenient now to share the photos

And here are the images:

The monastery consists of the main temple and several  smaller ones. This is one of the small ones under the main church.

Part of the church roof taken from one of the side gates. Look at the SS...

The whole church is full of pigeons and other birds finding shelter on the surrounding trees. This is a heavy center crop  of original mage. Feathers and eyes look pretty sharp to me

Much lighter crop than before, but if you zoom on the bird's head you will see plenty of sharpness I believe.

No pp here. I just applied the Chroma film in LR and voila...I like the subject separation at F4.0

The 16-80 is a very versatile lens, being able to shoot from nice portraits with enough subject separation...

.... and plenty of sharpness if needed...

....until wide interesting landscapes at 24mm!

There four things one will find plenty in the Greek islands. Nice beaches, food, a lot of old churches and...

many many beautiful sunsets!

I hope you enjoyed

Yannis1976's gear list:Yannis1976's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Olympus TG-5 Sony RX100 VI Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow