Upgrade my Fuji or switch to Z6?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stratman1976
stratman1976 Contributing Member • Posts: 742
Upgrade my Fuji or switch to Z6?

Hi guys,

I am a long-time Nikon user. Started out with the D700 and been shooting professionally since 2016 (portraits/family sessions/weddings), now with my D850's. I have been investing heavily in my pro kit and now I have almost all the glass I like or need.

For personal use, I've been using Fuji X-T1 with my only lens, the 18-55/2.8-4.0. As I don't like the AF-C, I was going to add lenses and upgrade to the X-T3 or X-H1, until the Z's came along.

It seems to me it does make a lot of sense to switch to the Z6 for personal use. I can use all my Nikkors and perhaps occasionally use it for professional shoots or as a backup. I can slowly add some native Z-mount glass and would be "future proof" so to speak. Also, I would not be investing to 2 totally different systems.

Seeing how small the size difference is between the systems, it is really tempting and I am also looking to upgrade my 24-70G which is really showing its flaws on my D850. I find the other available options kind of mesh... The new 24-70/2.8Z looks great..

Anyone out there in the same boat?

- For lenses: 24-70/4.0 and 14-30/4.0 look great for personal use, maybe the Z 24-70/2.8 too for pro use. And maybe a 50/1.8Z

- Money is no real factor between the two systems, they are close enough and I am ready to save/wait. No rush. Also, I am not heavily invested in Fuji. The resale value will be scraps though....

- Size: I think both systems will fit my Think Tank Retrospective 5

Any experiences? Thanks!

stratman1976's gear list:stratman1976's gear list
Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +6 more
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon D700 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Mzk
Mzk
Mzk
Mzk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow