***10/20/2019-10/20/2019 Sunday Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Reto B
Reto B Contributing Member • Posts: 923
Re: Fall colors can even bring a gray day to life

Pi lover wrote:

Reto B wrote:

Not even the light rainfall could spoil this day for me. Some attempts to catch these radiant, heart warming colors from yesterday:

For me nothing can rival the beauty of nature. And within a few weeks the snow will enchant our landscapes. So there's always a reason to look forward to the next beautiful change...

Best wishes
Reto

What gorgeous country you live in. A walk and a good meal with wine and good company would be a wonderful day.

Our leaves are mostly down where I live and that time you captured passes very quickly. The next "beautiful change" lasts too long for my taste but has it's days as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Grant.--
Todays top of the line is tomorrows obsolete.

Thank you for these kind, much appreciated words, Grant!

Concerning the winter: I prefer cooler temperatures to heat. And we have lots of sunny days in winter. Then you can sit outside in the sun and go for full day hikes even if temperatures are way below the freezing point. All you need is good clothes. Therefore I don't mind the longer winters at all.

I once made this selfie for my son to show him that I enjoyed the sun despite the air temperature being at -15° C to tease him to come up here for a visite (he lives "down there" near Zurich where it was gray for weeks at that time). I sat here for about 30 min. drinking hot tea and eating engiadinian nut cake before continuing my walk further up...

This place is about a one hour walk away, above our village.

One and a half hours later I reached my final destination for that day where I had bread, cheese and a glass of wine for lunch. The alp is not inhabited in winter. So you have to bring your own food and drinks with you:

Alp Suot, 2015 m above sea level. In winter in the snow it takes about 2 1/2 h to walk there. To return to Guarda (1660 m) takes about half that long.

Cheers
Reto

-- hide signature --
 Reto B's gear list:Reto B's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow