White Balance and concert photos

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
skotbites
skotbites Forum Member • Posts: 56
White Balance and concert photos

Hi I'm looking for some enlightenment having just had my mind blown.

I've always shot raw as long as I've been shooting digital and have just returned home from shooting a gig. I leave my WB on daylight as I know I can adjust in raw and due to the stage lights and strobes there's no reason to do otherwise.

First run through my photos in Lightroom and I'm cursing the blue lighting and trying to warm things up.

Maxing out the WB still leaves me with band members looking like smurfs. So I'm about to call it a night (almost 1am here in the UK) when I pull up LR mobile and export one of the images to my phone so share with someone.

A quick auto WB adjustment in Snapseed has the photo looking a million times better than it did on my expensive computer and editing software. I know this is due to it now being a jpg but i didn't expect there to be that much leway in the file.

My long winded question is why is there a limit to how warm or cold I can make my image in LR when clearly there is scope for it to go warmer and look better?

Do I have to round trip them into Photoshop or onto my phone so I can edit them in snapseed?

Thanks

skotbites's gear list:skotbites's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS R Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow