SB-600 not working with CyberSync trigger - fixed

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mavots Forum Member • Posts: 56
SB-600 not working with CyberSync trigger - fixed

I have an Alien Bee strobe and a SB-600 connected with CyberSync triggers. Both triggers LED's flash when I press the test button on the camera's CST2 remote. So I know they are in sync with each other. The Alien Bee flashes (CSR+) but the SB-600 (CSRB+) does not. Same with actually taking a shoot.

I have the special hot shoe for the SB-600 that connects directly with the CSRB+ trigger.

Fresh batteries and the test flash works on the SB.

The SB manual says to set the wireless icon (the "s") to ON. I also have set the flash to Channel 1 and Group A.

Are there any other settings that need to be on or off?

One other thing, the CSRB+ to wire to hot shoe connection is sometimes very sensitive and the SB might flash quickly 4 or 5 times just on it own.

FIXED

I purchased a new PC hot shoe adapter and it solved the problem. The old one had become somewhat loose and was not providing constant contact with the SB-600.

Mavots's gear list:Mavots's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Nikon D750 Olympus E-M1 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +16 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow