Pontoneer Veteran Member • Posts: 3,064
Re: me, too

jrtrent wrote:

mamallama wrote:

jrtrent wrote:

Pontoneer wrote:

hawk15 wrote:

I was about to rent a lens for $100.

But then I thought I could also just buy and return.

I've rented before and ended up buying so I'm not just buying with 0 probability to keep.

Has anyone gotten into issues with renting via the buy-and-return method?

Just go into a shop and ask to see/try a demonstration model .

I'm fortunate to have a dealer who is happy to let customers take floor samples out of the store to try outdoors for a while. I haven't had to resort to renting something to see if I'd like it.

And the dealer then sells it as new to someone else if you decide not to buy it?

That would be an awful thing, and I've seen stores that seem to open up a new box, demo the unit, then return it to the box to be sold as new. At the store I'm referring to, floor samples are typically not for sale. Whether I decide to buy that model or not, the floor sample is returned to the display case for other customers to see and try out. My assumption is that it would eventually be sold as a demo model at a discounted price.

unless something has been sold/returned , then it IS still new .

Ttere is nothing wrong with taking something out of a box to let someone look at it then putting it back , it is still new .

In my shop , EVERYTHING was opened and checked before going out the door .

Pontoneer's gear list:Pontoneer's gear list
Pentax *ist D Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 Pentax K-1 II +39 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow