Finally, Z7 or D850 ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mitsosmitsou Regular Member • Posts: 343
Finally, Z7 or D850 ?

Hello,

I'm in a constant dilemma of buying either Z7 or D850.

Mostly I want to buy the Z7 for the accurate AF on 1.4 primes, sensor VR, manual focus administration on EVF and have a start on mirrorless world anyway.

The camera will be used 30% for hobby and 70% for weddings.

What keeps me back a bit, is this banging issue that Z7 (and all mirrorless) has on pushing shadows. It is a common practice in my wedding workflow to shoot at 3200/6400 and many times a little push 1-1.5 stop is needed at post.

As far as I understand, the D850 is the king of image quality of all cameras (maybe bar A7iV) due to the lack of banding at push while all other factors are equally measured.

For you who do this type of post, do you experience a limitation due to this banding?

Also, another question by this chance, although I don't think so, will I find the AF accuracy/ability to focus on very low light on Z7 problematic compared to DSLRs such as D850/D5 ?

Thanks a lot

mitsosmitsou's gear list:mitsosmitsou's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon 1 J4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +54 more
Nikon D850 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow