Thanks for a great camera, FZ1000 M2 reviewers!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DVghost
DVghost New Member • Posts: 1
Thanks for a great camera, FZ1000 M2 reviewers!

Earlier this year, I was becoming frustrated with the limitations of my Fujifilm Finepix S1. I was getting good pictures, and I loved the zoom, but the resolution just wasn't cutting it. I'd "Set as Desktop Background" on a big monitor, and suddenly that primo wildlife picture from my latest kayaking excursion just didn't have the wow factor that I wanted.

Used to the convenience of the all-in-one bridge camera, I looked around and spotted the FZ1000. Seemed like a good fit, but then the MK 2 came out, and the early reviews promised a few features that were really appealling. I lurked on this forum for a while, and when the local shop had one, I gave it a try, comparing my own camera to the FZ1000 and then the MK II. SOLD!

It took a little while to get used to the new placement of buttons, and I wasn't quite getting the focus I wanted, so I spent an afternoon in the living room just going through the manual, including adjusting the diopter. (cue dramatic music)

Last weekend, I finally got back on the water, and oh, wow. Even with the shorter zoom than the S1, as one reviewer on this forum promised, I was able to crop that puppy down and STILL get a shot as good or better than the S1 was ever able to capture.

So thank you, everyone who posted in those early days of the MK 2. The full set is online at https://jarsofwater.smugmug.com/Nature/Kayaking/Elkhorn-Slough-October-6-2019. But these two are just for you:

Pelicans taking off from the jetty

Heerman's gull with ruffled feathers

DVghost's gear list:DVghost's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II
FinePix S1 Panasonic FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow