What was your experience switching?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
moen999 New Member • Posts: 24
What was your experience switching?

Hello guys. I am a wedding/event shooter and am in the process of selling off my canon full frame gear (two canon 6D cameras) and switching to either a nikon d750 or Fuji X-H1. I mainly am switching because more and more I wanted dual card slots and an update as my cameras came out a long time ago.

I have been reading up and watching countless videos about the xt-3 and x-h1. I was in Best Buy today and got to play a little with a X-T3. I wish they had the x-h1 but they did not.

I was a bit surprised at how small it was in my hands (x-t3) and was my first experience with a mirrorless camera. The EVF felt "different" and I felt real unsure about how the focus system worked. I felt like I was watching a mini tv screen and not seeing what I traditionally see in a dslr (obviously different designs/systems).

I also understand that the x-h1 comes bundled with the grip and is more "dslr" like (size) compared to the X-T3.

I wanted to know how it felt to move from a DSLR to this platform/camera and if you felt odd/unsure at first and how the camera did over time?

Did you feel awkward using the EVF/Focus system? Unsure compared to a DSLR?

I understand that a quick play with the camera is not going to build up confidence and it can take time to feel comfortable. I do strongly feel that based upon what I have read that this is the direction that things are going (mirrorless) and that the x-h1 is a solid choice coming from a bigger DSLR. I just worry that it wont feel like a "camera" and feel more like operating a phone. I know I sound silly maybe and maybe some of it is age but it was not "normal" to view something in the eye pice that was an electronic representation of real life.

Thanks for any advice you have about switching and how long it took you to feel confident in the gear? Did you feel odd at first? thank you

Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow