Tamron 28-75mm "Amazon Renewed" lens

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
LarryRC Regular Member • Posts: 209
Re: Tamron 28-75mm "Amazon Renewed" lens

AznJunkie wrote:

I just got a Tamrom 28-75mm lens from Amazon and I'm a little disappointed. It was sold as a "Certified Refurbished" or "Amazon Renewed." Amazon claimed "Renewed products work and look like new. These pre-owned products have been inspected and tested by Amazon-qualified suppliers. Box and accessories may be generic. All Renewed products come with the 90-day Amazon Renewed Guarantee."

IMO the body does not look "Like New" as the lettering is smeared. There are some lite marks on the body and rings but that doesn't bother me as much as the lettering.

I wanted to get some opinions from people. Would you be disappointed? Am I over reacting? I paid $599 for the lens. I do need to go take some pictures with this lens to see how it preforms. If the lens preforms well, I may just keep it.

I’m looking at my Copy of the Tamron and the printing looks good.  I do notice that the white print seems to be etched into the metal and whitened.  Therefore is it possible a bit of soap to just that area might clean whatever is darkening the print?  Worth checking.

LarryRC's gear list:LarryRC's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 12-24mm F4 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow