The dead walk the earth (cameras at least) -

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Max Iso
Max Iso Senior Member • Posts: 7,837
The dead walk the earth (cameras at least) -

Today i went to a river dock in a new area along the Mississippi river. Quite a few people were visiting today, even saw a sorority with about a dozen girls taking photos. There were plenty of phones of course as everybody has one anyway.

What i also saw was 3 ILC. Now i gotta say, one of them i only saw in a photo in the BG when editing. The guy was using a tripod and i have no idea what he was using, but likely a DSLR or SLR (could have been large format).

The two i did identify were DSLRs, one Canon one Nikon. I thought this was pretty crazy considering they are all dead. Meanwhile i was the only ML there. Another interesting thing, 2 of the 3 were college age or younger using these DSLRs/ILC, contrary to the idea that DSLRs are only around due to the emotional attachment of an aging population.

I also have a DSLR, of note it was at home while my G9 was in hand. So, this is not a DSLR vs ML thread, it's a thread that shows what some people think they know isn't quite so reliable. Nothing is dead, and all different people use all different cameras for all different reasons.

Man with tripod in BG, he was gone by the time i walked down that way.

Nikon, middle left.

Canon.

Feel free to share your thoughts, photos, or stories.

-- hide signature --

"Some by force and some by choice
In time you all shall leave me
I do not fear to be alone
Solitary, I will atone...." -

Max Iso's gear list:Max Iso's gear list
Nikon D300 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH +5 more
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow